Call for Proposals
Law Text Culture seeks proposals for special issues from potential guest editors annually. Proposals are to be provided to the Managing Editor by 1 May of any year, for publication the next year.
Next deadline for Proposals (extended): NOW 31 May 2020 for Volume 25 (due for publication in 2021).
Potential guest editors are encouraged to liaise with the Managing Editor to discuss their proposal or ideas. All submitted proposals will be considered by the Board, and its decision will be made by 1 July. The successful guest editor/s will then develop the collection for publication in consultation with the Managing Editor.
Refer to Information for Guest Editors for more information on the role and time frames.
Please note that Law Text Culture does not seek or accept unsolicited articles and it does not publish book reviews.
Content of Proposals
Proposals of no more than 1000 words should include:
- a concise description of the proposed theme;
- a draft call for papers setting out the aims and concepts of the issue, and how it fits within the remit of the journal;
- an indication of the intended authors and how they are to be identified/contacted (eg whether the proposal arises out of a seminar series, conference or workshop);
- the range of genres (eg poetry, scholarly essays, visual arts etc) expected to be included in the edition;
- an explanation of how the copy-editing will be completed, including whether the guest editor/s will secure appropriate funding for copy-editing (usually approx $1000), or undertake the copy-editing themselves; and
- brief details of the guest editor(s).