Getting to uow
The Getting to UOW website includes extensive information on travelling to UOW, free shuttle services, parking and carpooling. Location and campus maps are also available to assist you with your journey.
University Short Stay Accommodation
The University has a range of student residences offering accommodation options suitable for short term visitors. All residences are a short distance to beaches, the city, shopping and the university campus, with Kooloobong Village and University Lodge being located on campus. Detailed information is available under UStay on the Accommodation Services website.
- Campus East – Located across from the beach in Fairy Meadow. Single rooms in units of up to five bedrooms with shared bathroom facilities.
- International House – Located in North Wollongong. Single and twin are available with shared bathroom facilities.
- Keiraview – Located in Keira Street, Wollongong. Motel-style rooms with private amenities.
- Kooloobong Village – Located on the Wollongong campus. Offers brand new accommodation in four bedroom units and single studios.
- Marketview Conveniently located in the heart of Wollongong and offering modern, air-conditioned ensuite rooms.
- Weerona College – Located within close proximity to the Wollongong CBD. Features single and twin rooms with shared bathroom facilities.
Wollongong has many accommodation options – from internationally branded hotels to boutique venues and self-contained apartments. Visit Wollongong provides information and booking services for a range of hotels in the Wollongong region.
The University of Wollongong in located in the city of Wollongong, just 80kms south of Sydney on a spectacular stretch of the southern New South Wales coast.
Wollongong’s natural environment includes some of the most pristine beaches in Australia and the escarpment to the west offers a great network of walking trails and dazzling views of the coastline.
Wollongong is the 9th largest city in Australia and is well known for its history of farming, fishing, coal mining and steel making. The city, however, is rapidly changing with education, information technology and telecommunications, manufacturing and tourism emerging as the industries of the future.
VISITING WOLLONGONG – PLACES TO STAY, RESTAURANTS, EVENTS…
The Visit Wollongong website hosted by Destination Wollongong has a comprehensive list of things to do,
places to stay, restaurants, events and much much more.
- UOW Community & Partnerships
- Conservatorium of Music
- Visit Wollongong – Events
- Illawarra Performing Arts Centre (IPAC)
- Science Centre & Planetarium
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Viva La Gong Festival
Video courtesy of Destination Wollongong
GETTING TO CAMPUS:
You can plan a route from the Sydney airport (or anywhere else in the NSW region) to Wollongong via public transport on the NSW Transport page.
Once in Wollongong, you can make use of our shuttle bus to get to and from campus.