CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW CLOSED
Papers or panel proposals (of three to four papers) are invited on a broad range of law and society topics relating to ‘Inclusion, Exclusion and Democracy’ within the following sub-themes:
- Navigating vulnerability, empowerment and identity of individuals, groups or communities;
- Indigenous and cultural perspectives;
- Crime, justice and punishment;
- The environment;
- The rise and impact of new technologies, the internet or social media;
- Theorising, rethinking or challenging democratic constructions, principles or approaches;
- Democracy in context – local, regional, country, global or comparative perspectives; or
- The role of the judiciary, lawyers and academics in fostering democracy and inclusion, or facilitating exclusion.
Papers are also invited on all other law and society topics. The committee welcomes proposals across a range of disciplines including (but not limited to) law, humanities, social science, or the sciences.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts of no more than 250 words for a 15–20 minute paper must be submitted through the conference website (see below) by 20 July 2018 (this deadline has been extended from 6 July 2018). Panel proposals must: identify a theme for the panel; nominate a panel chair; include a 250 word description of the panel; and include a 250 word abstract for each individual paper that is part of the proposed three to four paper panel.
The organising committee will endeavour to notify presenters whether their proposed paper has been accepted by 31 July 2018.
HIGHER DEGREE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS
LSAANZ is providing up to three scholarships for Higher Degree Research students for the LSAANZ 2018 Conference – read more about the terms and conditions and how to apply.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM – NOW CLOSEDYou do not have permission to view this form.