Elements of Effective e-Learning Design
This article by Andrew R. Brown from Queensland University of Technology and Bradley D. Voltz from St Joseph’s Nudgee College Brisbane proposes that six dimensions should be addressed in the design and delivery of any online course: creating rich learning activities:
– situating activities within an interesting story line
– providing meaningful opportunities for student reflection and third party criticism
– considering appropriate technologies for delivery
– ensuring that the design is suitable for the context in which it will be used
– taking into account the personal, social, and environmental impact of the designed activities.
See on www.irrodl.org