Stay tuned—CASS members are keeping busy and new publications for 2021 will be listed here as they happen.
Claire Lowrie. 2021. ‘Gender and Domestic Workers’, in Hillary Callan (ed.), The International Encyclopaedia of Anthropology, John Wiley and Sons. doi.org/10.1002/9781118924396.
- Kate Bagnall & Julia T. Martínez, Locating Chinese Women, University of Hong Kong Press, 2021, IBSN 978-988-8528-61-5.
- Julia T. Martínez, 'Mary Chong and Gwen Fong: University Educated Chinese Australia Women' in Kate Bagnall & Julia T. Martínez, Locating Chinese Women, University of Hong Kong Press, 2021, 204-229, IBSN 978-988-8528-61-5.
Lisa Slater (2021): ‘Learning to Stand with Gyack: A Practice of Thinking with Non-Innocent Care’, Australian Feminist Studies, DOI: 10.1080/08164649.2021.1998883
- Marcelo Svirsky. 2021. ‘The Normal Life of Settlers’, Ethnicities (special issue: Enacting Settler Responsibilities Towards Decolonisation), 21(6).
- Marcelo Svirsky. 2021. ‘Barren’, in Issam Nassar and Ariella Aïsha Azoulay (Eds.) ‘Time Travelers in Palestine’, Jerusalem Quarterly 86: 19.
- Marcelo Svirsky. 2021. ‘The Reproduction of Settler Colonialism in Palestine’, Journal of Perpetrator Research, 4(1): 1-36.
- Grant Fleming, Frank Liu, David Merrett and Simon Ville. 2021. ‘Underpricing in a developing capital market: Australian equity issuances, 1920-1939’ Economic History Review, 74, 3: 831-55.
- Andre Brett and Simon Ville. 2021. ‘Coping with climate extremes: Railways and pastoralism during the Federation Drought’. Environment & History. DOI:10.3197/096734019X15755402985721
Sharon Crozier De Rosa
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘The Place of Human Dignity in an Emotional World: Shame and Honour, Humility and Humiliation’, in Joanna Bourke, Sharon Crozier-De Rosa, Ute Frevert, Lucy Noakes, and David Nash, ‘Forum: The Politics of Humiliation: A Modern History by Ute Frevert (OUP, 2020)’, Cultural History, Volume 10, Number 2 (2021) pp. 263–269.
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘Anger, Resentment and the Limits of Historical Narratives in Protest Politics: The Case of Early Twentieth Century Irish Women’s Intersectional Movements, Emotions: History, Cultural, Society (EHCS), Louise D’Arcens and Lise Waldek (eds), ‘Special Issue: Political Emotions and Ideological Performance’, Volume 5 (2021), pp. 68-86.
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘Vote100/Vótáil100. Die Erinnerung an das Frauenwahlrecht in Großbritannien und Irland’ (‘Vote100/Vótáil100: Women’s Suffrage Commemorations in Britain and Ireland’), Translated into German by Christine Brocks, in Birgitta Bader-Zaar and Mineke Bosch (eds) ‘Special Issue: Contested Memories. The commemoration of 100 years of women’s suffrage in Europe and the United States’, L’Homme, Volume 32, Number 1 (2021 ), pp.15-36
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘Gender: Key Concepts’, in Stefan Berger, Berber Bevernage, Maria Grever, Ethan Klein, Tracy Loughran and Edward Wang (eds), Bloomsbury History: Theory and Method (Bloomsbury: London, 2021): https://www.bloomsbury.com/au/discover/bloomsbury-digitalresources/products/bloomsburyhistory-theory-method/
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘Divided Sisterhood? Nationalist Feminism and Militancy in England and Ireland’, in Evan Smith and Matthew Worley (eds), The British Left and Ireland in the Twentieth Century (Routledge: London, 2021). (Originally published as an article in Contemporary British History in 2018.)
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘Narratives of Democracy, the Emotions of Politics and Memories of Militant Suffragism: Britain, Ireland, USA and Australia’, in June Purvis and June Hannam (eds), The British Women's Suffrage Campaign: National and International Perspectives (Routledge: London, 2021), pp.179-198
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, ‘Emotions and Empire in Suffrage and Anti-Suffrage Politics: Britain, Ireland and Australia in the Early Twentieth Century’, in Women’s Suffrage and Beyond (University of London Press: London, 2021), pp.309-330 (Open Access: https://humanities-digital-library.org/index.php/hdl/catalog/download/politics-of-womens-suffrage/229/421-2?inline=1)
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, Imperial Emotions: The Politics of Empathy across the British Empire (Book Review), by Jane Lydon (Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2020), History Australia, Volume 18, Number 2 (2021), pp.414-415.2021. DOI: 10.1080/14490854.2021.1919028
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, Distant Sisters. Australasian Women and the International Struggle for the Vote, 1880-1914 (Book Review), by James Keating (MUP: 2020), Women’s History Review (published online 12 April 2021).
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, A New History of the Irish in Australia (Book Review), by Elizabeth Malcolm and Dianne Hall (Cork University Press, 2019), Saothar: Journal of Irish Labour History, Volume 46 (2021), pp.14-15.
- Crozier-De Rosa, Sharon, Markievicz: Prison Letters and Rebel Writings (Book Review), ed by Lindie Naughton (Merrion Press, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, 2018), LSE Review of Books (online January 2021).